Title: Community Awareness Coordinator
Responsible To: Director of Philanthropy
The Community Awareness Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing, a community awareness campaign to educate employers on domestic violence as well as raise funds to support Safehome. The Community Awareness Coordinator will cultivate, grow and enhance relationships with existing partners as well as generate new relationships. The goal is to increase greater awareness about Safehome services and increase contributions.
- Manage workplace and community accounts by cultivating relationships and providing logistical and administrative support.
- Develop an action plan that maximizes fundraising efforts and relationships.
- Conduct workplace and community education presentations.
- Manage distribution of Safehome materials to local businesses and organizations.
- Follow through with appropriate information pre and post meetings, events, emails, calls, and contributions.
- Responds to inquiries from the public about education & prevention, third party fundraising events, and in –kind donations.
- Provides support to and cultivate relationships with individuals as well as community and corporate groups hosting external fundraising events and participating in engagement opportunities that benefit Safehome.
- In conjunction with the development team, create and manage social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Oversee Safehome’s Speaker Bureau. Participate in recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers.
- Coordinate with Safehome staff to ensure program information is current and accurate.
- Accurately maintain and submit all required statistics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Energetic, self-starter and creative thinker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work cooperatively and strategically with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel and other MS Office Applications.
- The ability to attend related events; evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be a team player willing to work toward the overall development department annual goal.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills with the proven ability to articulate a compelling case verbally and in writing.
- Must be organized, efficient with time management and have a high attention to detail and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Excellent team player, willing to accept new tasks and responsibilities beyond assigned duties.
- Self-motivated; able to proactively identify opportunities and have the confidence to address them
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned.