April 10th -16th celebrates National Volunteer Recognition Week. SAFEHOME’s Volunteer Program includes people from teens to mid-80’s, and from all professional areas. SAFEHOME will celebrate the entire volunteer corps at an open house in late July. However, we want everyone to know now, that each of the 780 SAFEHOME volunteers is special.
“Too often we under-estimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia
These Top 10 Reasons illustrate why SAFEHOME loves and appreciates our volunteers.
10. You bring with you a cheerful, positive attitude.
9. You offer objective suggestions and help us think out of the box.
8. You offer clients “normalcy” by just being you, someone who wants to be in our halls.
7. You help us escape financial restraints while adding value and quality to each program.
6. You give staff more time for “required business.”
5. You choose to help our residents, clients, and staff.
4. You provide staff supervisory experience.
3. You become donors, not only financially, but also with professional expertise, and in-kind services.
2. You give SAFEHOME credibility and serve as our ambassadors in the community.
1. You CARE by BELIEVING in SAFEHOME’s mission and giving your time.
A volunteer is like a rare gem. When placed in the right setting and cared for, it shines and gives pleasure to all who sees it….Anonymous
Each of you shine brilliantly!