Title: Volunteer Manager
Classification: Full-Time -Exempt
Design, implement, manage and coordinate Safehome’s Volunteer Program. This includes recruitment, orientation, placement, retention, and consultation with staff regarding area specific training and supervision of volunteers, as well as terminating volunteers when necessary. Works to foster and support relationships that will transition volunteers into donors.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within Safehome.
- Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance.
- Maintain volunteer service descriptions for each volunteer assignment.
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operation.
- Recommend the most efficient use of volunteers, appropriate volunteer/staff mix to support Safehome.
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures and standards of volunteer service.
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training.
- Plan and implement volunteer appreciation/recognition activities.
- Evaluate all aspects of the volunteer program to ensure effectiveness and implement changes as needed.
- Recruit day/night of event volunteers for Safehome special events.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers.
- Confer with volunteers to resolve grievance.
- Actively recruit and engage community members to volunteer at Safehome.
- Interview and place applications for volunteer service.
- Educate and train Safehome staff on how to work and interact with volunteers.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for growing and deepening the volunteer base.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Embrace and thrive in a multi-generational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work cooperatively and strategically with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel and other MS Office Applications.
- The ability to attend related events; evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be a team player willing to work toward the overall development department annual goal.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills with the proven ability to articulate a compelling case verbally and in writing.
- Efficient with time management and have a high attention to detail and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Team player, willing to accept new tasks and responsibilities beyond assigned duties.
- Self-motivated; able to proactively identify opportunities and have the confidence to address them.
- Flexible and able to work with numerous interruptions throughout the day.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job-related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned.
The Agency’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category
We welcome interested candidates to apply on indeed.com. Should you have any questions feel free to contact Human Resources at 913.432.9300