Title: Crisis Intervention Specialist
Responsible to: Director of Facilities/IT
Classification: Part Time, hourly, non-exempt
Shifts: Friday and Saturday 7:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- Oversee and monitor the entrance of visitors and clients to both of SAFEHOME’s properties
- Monitor vehicle traffic entering and leaving both properties
- Identify suspicious vehicles and attempt to identify operators of the vehicles
- Monitor pedestrian traffic entering and leaving properties, report any suspicious activity
- Ensure that all applicable security policies and procedures are upheld and followed regarding entry to the properties
- Communicate regularly with Front Desk, Hotline and Shelter staff regarding client and visitor information
- Educate staff, volunteers, and interns on entrance security procedures
- Consult with supervisor on needed changes or additions to security procedures
- Monitor security cameras at entrances of both properties
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Meet regularly with assigned supervisor
- Ability to follow established procedures and policies
- Complete incident reports as needed
- Assist Receptionist and Volunteers at front desk as needed.
- Answer phone calls and answer questions from staff or clients as needed.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, good verbal and written communications, including legible writing
- Ability to use computer and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), monitor security cameras
- Perform other tasks as assigned
This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other job related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proven ability to handle emergency and unexpected situations. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a professional, trauma-informed manner. Should be able to lift 40 pounds.
High school graduate. Experience in handling multiple tasks. Knowledge of domestic violence a plus.