Responsible to: Director of Philanthropy
Classification: Full-Time Non Exempt
(Monday through Thursday, 8:45am–6:45pm)
This position serves as a first point of contact for SAFEHOME. The Receptionist will ensure the comfort of clients and visitors arriving at SAFEHOME.
Front Desk Oversight
- Welcome clients & visitors
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls in a friendly and professional manner.
- Notify employees of arrival.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying, creating and evaluating procedures and rules, including observing sign-ins, issuing visitor name tags, monitoring lobby area and collaborating with facilities team, security and Hot Line staff.
- Create and maintain a trauma-informed lobby space and welcoming environment for clients and visitors entering the facility.
- Provide appropriate information and direction to visitors and clients arriving for appointments.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating client related issues, needs and concerns.
- Manage front desk volunteers.
- Manage, collect, distribute and process mail in the mornings/afternoons/when necessary.
- Special projects as assigned.
The responsibilities described represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to do all assigned responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a professional, pleasant and trauma-informed manner. Computer literate and facility with office equipment. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
High School graduate or GED. Preferred some experience in an office setting.
Please send the application (found at www.safehome-ks.org under Information/Careers), resume and cover letter to Stephanie Volk at Stephanie.email@example.com or fax to 913-432-9302, Attn. Stephanie.