Responsible to: Children’s Center Manager
- Provide child care for children of victims of domestic violence.
- Provide interactive and educational activities for children during child care.
- Keep Children’s Center safe and clean.
- Utilize and help maintain the Children’s Center schedule on Outlook.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in overseeing/training child care volunteers.
- Attend quarterly Children’s Center meetings.
- Report any questions or concerns regarding clients to supervisor.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of childhood developmental stages and working with special needs children. Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with domestic violence, women’s and children’s issues, a working knowledge of Child Care programming and implementation; ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people; proven ability to work well with volunteers; possession of good communication skills; ability to represent the agency by projecting a professional demeanor and appearance, including the qualities of enthusiasm, assertiveness, creativity and flexibility; alternative methods of nonviolent child discipline; able to work under substantial stress and handle frequent crisis situations. Available to work evening hours.
Experience with children is a necessity. Early Childhood Education. Social welfare, sociology, or psychology degree preferred. Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding employee’s own past experience with abuse of any kind.