Young children are often the best people to be around. Their laughter, their smiles, their hugs can change your day!! Come be part of the fun, hugs, laughter and play time at our Child Care Center in our amazing agency. We look forward to meeting you and having you join our team!!!
Responsible to: Children’s Center Manager
- Provide child care for children of victims of domestic violence.
- Provide interactive and educational activities for children during child care.
- Keep Children’s Center safe and clean.
- Utilize and help maintain the Children’s Center schedule on Outlook.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in overseeing/training child care volunteers.
- Attend quarterly Children’s Center meetings.
- Report any questions or concerns regarding clients to supervisor.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of childhood developmental stages and working with special needs children. Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with domestic violence, women’s and children’s issues, a working knowledge of Child Care programming and implementation; ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people; proven ability to work well with volunteers; possession of good communication skills; ability to represent the agency by projecting a professional demeanor and appearance, including the qualities of enthusiasm, assertiveness, creativity and flexibility; alternative methods of nonviolent child discipline; able to work under substantial stress and handle frequent crisis situations. Available to work evening hours.
Experience with children is a necessity. Early Childhood Education. Social welfare, sociology, or psychology degree preferred. Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding employee’s own past experience with abuse of any kind.
Complete the SAFEHOME Employment Application found at www.safehome-ks.org, return the application, resume and cover letter by mail to Maggie Haghirian, PO Box 4563, Overland Park, KS 66204;
Fax- 913-262-4570 Attn: Maggie; or email- firstname.lastname@example.org.