Reports to the SAFEHOME Clinical Director
Primary responsibilities are to provide individual, family and group therapy, participate as a team member with the clinical and outreach departments, and facilitate a complete care plan for adult, children and family outreach clients.
- Provide 18 to 24 hours of therapy each week, including individual, family and group therapy.
- Provide assessment of mental health concerns to clients and refer to psychiatric care when appropriate.
- Provide assessment and referrals for substance abuse counseling to clients when appropriate.
- Develop and/or implement all program goals (outcomes) for the therapy program.
- Maintain complete client records as consistent with the standards set up by SAFEHOME.
- Supervise master level students as assigned by Clinical Director.
- Coordinate with the Clinical Therapist/Intern Coordinator to provide staff, intern and volunteer training as needed.
- Participate in SAFEHOME all staff and clinical trainings.
- Work closely with advocates to support client needs
- Submit all grant requirement paperwork to the Clinical Director by the 2nd day of the following month.
- Work closely with the Clinical Director, bringing programmatic issues and needs to her attention regularly.
- Any other duties assigned by Clinical Director or Program Director
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The therapist should have knowledge and experience working with domestic violence, substance abuse, women’s and children’s issues; a working knowledge of counseling theories and practice including brief therapy and crisis intervention; work collaboratively with a diverse group of people; possess good communication and training skills; ability to represent the program by projecting a professional demeanor and appearance. Preferred training in TFCBT, EMDR, Play Therapy, Theraplay and TIC. The ability to lift a minimum of forty pounds.
Master’s in Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy is required. Current licensure in the State of Kansas is required.
We welcome interested candidates to apply on indeed.com. Should you have any questions feel free to contact Human Resources at 913.432.9300