Reports to: Facilities Manager
Description of duties: The Housekeeper provides daily general housekeeping to both the shelter and administrative areas of the SAFEHOME facilities, including the cleaning and preparation of vacant resident rooms.
- General cleaning of our two facilities.
- Maintenance of public restrooms, hallways, office spaces, meeting rooms, lobby areas, and any other designated areas within our facilities.
- Daily cleaning of all public areas and designated areas.
- Weekly cleaning of other areas designated.
- Clean vacant resident rooms when needed (clean bathroom, make beds and prepare room for new residents).
- Work under the supervision of the Facility Manager on a daily basis.
- Comfortable working with standard cleaning supplies, to include chemical cleaners and bleach. All cleaning supplies are provided.
- Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of residential housekeeping; clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality; reliability in attendance; ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people; and flexibility in meeting daily facility housekeeping needs. Must have the ability to communicate with staff and clients in a respectful and professional manner and maintain healthy boundaries. Must be able to work independently. Position requires bending, lifting, ability to get down on the floor, kneeling, reaching overhead and ability to lift 40 pounds.
Qualifications: Must have reliable transportation. Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding employees own past experience with abuse of any kind. Must have somewhat of a flexible schedule to accommodate potential needs of the facility, to include occasional shift modifications due to empty rooms that need cleaned and prepared for occupancy.
To apply, please send resume and application (located at www.safehome-ks.org) to Mike Jenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 913-956-4150. No calls, please.