Responsible To: Shelter Operations Manager
Friday – 3pm-8pm
Sunday – 4am-12am
2nd & 4th Fridays 8pm-8am
- Provide support and services to hotline and shelter residents during designated hours.
- Handle crisis calls in a compassionate and resourceful manner and document calls in database.
- Provide referrals and resources to hotline callers.
- Provide support for shelter residents.
- Complete intakes and exits on residents during your shift and document in database.
- Provide client transportation as needed.
- Attend hotline meetings held every other month.
A bachelor’s degree in social work is preferred. Advocate must be empathetic, have good communication skills and understand the concept of boundaries with clients. Must be able to work under substantial stress and handle frequent crisis situations. Must be able to lift 40 pounds. Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding Advocate’s own past experience with abuse of any kind.
The Hotline Advocate must demonstrate knowledge of domestic violence and women’s issues, have ability to communicate well, possess crisis intervention skills and have experience in conflict resolution. The Advocate must also be able to work independently, without much supervision, be flexible, have excellent judgment in crisis situations and be comfortable with data entry.
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Please send a cover letter, resume and application (found at www.safehome-ks.org under Get Information/Careers) to Desirѐe Long at email@example.com or fax to 913-262-4570,
Attn: Desirѐe . No phone calls!