Job Posting: PT and PRN Hotline Advocates
Johnson County domestic violence agency seeks part-time Hotline Advocates to work the following weekend shifts:
PT – Fridays from 3:00pm-8:00pm
PRN on/call – various shifts
Applicants can apply for one or more shifts, but must be able to work assigned shifts on a regular basis.
- Provide support and services to hotline and shelter residents during designated hours.
- Handle crisis calls in a compassionate and resourceful manner and document calls in database.
- Provide referrals and resources to hotline callers.
- Provide support for shelter residents.
- Complete intakes and exits on residents during your shift and document in database.
- Provide client transportation as needed.
- Attend hotline meetings held every other month.
- Work at least 2 shifts every 3 months.
A bachelor’s degree in social work is preferred. Advocate must be empathetic, have good communication skills and understand the concept of boundaries with clients. Must be able to work under substantial stress and handle frequent crisis situations. Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding Advocate’s own past experience with abuse of any kind.
The Hotline Advocate must demonstrate knowledge of domestic violence and women’s issues have ability to communicate well, possess crisis intervention skills and have experience in conflict resolution. The Advocate must also be able to work independently, without much supervision, be flexible, have excellent judgment in crisis situations and be comfortable with data entry.
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Employment application available at www.safehome-ks.org. Send completed application and resume to Maggie Haghirian, SAFEHOME, PO Box 4563, Overland Park KS 66204-0563, email@example.com or fax to 913-262-4570. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!