Responsible to: Director of Philanthropy
Classification: Full Time Exempt
Objective: Oversee, plan, and execute SAFEHOME’s major fundraisers, including SAFEHOME Saturday Night, Tee it UP Golf Tournament and Home Safe Home Luncheon. Work closely with the Director of Philanthropy and CEO to create events that deliver on fundraising and budgeted goals by defining clear fundraising and event objectives while providing excellent customer service to our volunteers and donors. Manage external communications including electronic newsletters, printed pieces and social media.
Financial Goals (2018): SSN: $275,000 (net) | Golf: $51,500 (net) | HSS: $68,000 (net)
- Oversee planning and execution of SAFEHOME’s three annual major fundraisers (gala, golf & luncheon) to meet financial goals
- Oversee and direct the event planning committee for each of the fundraisers
- Create detailed and working timelines for each
- Create event budgets based on agency goals in collaboration with CEO and Director of Philanthropy
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of event income and expenses with SAFEHOME’s finance team
- Ensure recognition and communications with event sponsors and donors
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate records for each special event including contract information, volunteer descriptions, logistics, etc.
- Create and send event marketing materials, press releases and pre/post event communication
- Explore, solicit and barter advertisements with local media avenues
- Work with the Volunteer & Community Relations Manager to identify volunteers for major event committees
- With the Donor Relations Manager and the Volunteer/Community Relations Manager, identify/secure potential and existing donors and volunteers for major gift and sponsorship cultivation by the Director of Philanthropy
- In collaboration with Director of Philanthropy and CEO solicit/secure corporate sponsorships, including execution of communicating strategies to existing and potential corporate partners
- Analyze events to grow future monetary totals and attendance.
- Oversight of all printed pieces and signage to make sure all sponsorship requirements are fulfilled.
- Provide superior customer service to donors, board members, staff, volunteers and other constituents.
- Manage multiple priorities while maintaining keen attention to details
- Oversee SAFEHOME advertising, printing and graphic design materials
- Oversee SAFEHOME website and social media presence
- Facilitate publication of SAFEHOME’S bi-weekly email newsletter, print newsletter, annual report, agency brochures and direct mail appeals
- Design and coordinate creation of advertisements to promote SAFEHOME events, services and agency identity to the Greater KC Metro area
- Inventory and order agency print materials as needed
- Actively maintain and update SAFEHOME’s website and social media presence
- Oversee coordination of media interviews of select staff, clients and volunteers
- Write and distribute agency press releases
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of organization and proven ability to prioritize on-going responsibilities
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editing and oral communication skills necessary
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress
- Proven ability to effectively use Constant Contact or similar email distribution software
- Must be diplomatic, able to work well with & oversee a diverse population of staff, clients and volunteers
- Must be able to represent the agency positively by projecting qualities of professionalism, enthusiasm, initiative, creativity, knowledge and flexibility
- Willingness to become familiar with the issues of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated major events experience
- Demonstrated fundraising experience
- Successful experience with managing volunteers
- Must be able to use own vehicle at times. Valid driver’s license and insurance required
Please send in an application (found at www.safehome-ks.org under Careers), resume and cover letter to Stephanie Volk at firstname.lastname@example.org.