Title: Children’s Evening Advocate (12 hours/week)
Responsible to: Children’s Center Coordinator
- Provide child care for children of victims of domestic violence.
- Provide interactive and educational activities for children during child care.
- Keep the Children’s Center safe and clean.
- Utilize and help maintain the Children’s Center schedule on Outlook.
- Assist in overseeing/training child care volunteers.
- Attend monthly Children’s Center staff meetings.
- Report any questions or concerns regarding clients to supervisor.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of childhood developmental stages and working with special needs children. Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with domestic violence, parent’s and children’s issues; ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people; proven ability to work well with volunteers; possession of good communication skills; ability to represent the agency by projecting a professional demeanor and appearance, including the qualities of enthusiasm, assertiveness, creativity and flexibility; alternative methods of nonviolent child discipline; able to work under substantial stress and handle frequent crisis situations.
4 – 8 pm Monday & Wednesday
10 – 2 pm Saturday (once-twice a month)
3 – 4 pm Friday (once a month for staff meeting)
Experience with children is a necessity. Early Childhood Education, Social welfare, Sociology, or Psychology degree preferred. Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding employee’s own past experience with abuse of any kind.