Title: Children’s Evening Advocate (12 hours/week)
Responsible to: Children’s Center Coordinator
- Provide child care for children of victims of domestic violence.
- Provide interactive and educational activities for children during child care.
- Keep the Children’s Center safe and clean.
- Utilize and help maintain the Children’s Center schedule on Outlook.
- Assist in overseeing/training child care volunteers.
- Attend monthly Children’s Center staff meetings.
- Report any questions or concerns regarding clients to supervisor.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of childhood developmental stages and working with special needs children. Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with domestic violence, parent’s and children’s issues; ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people; proven ability to work well with volunteers; possession of good communication skills; ability to represent the agency by projecting a professional demeanor and appearance, including the qualities of enthusiasm, assertiveness, creativity and flexibility; alternative methods of nonviolent child discipline; able to work under substantial stress and handle frequent crisis situations.
4 – 8 pm Monday & Wednesday
10 – 2 pm Saturday (once-twice a month)
3 – 4 pm Friday (once a month for staff meeting)
Experience with children is a necessity. Early Childhood Education, Social welfare, Sociology, or Psychology degree preferred. Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding employee’s own past experience with abuse of any kind.
The Agency’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category