SAFEHOME seeks a Chief Executive Officer for the $3.5M domestic violence agency located in Johnson County, KS. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for administration of all agency functions including shelter, counseling, and advocacy for over 9,000 victims of abuse each year. The successful candidate will have experience managing a broad and complex array of functions, be a passionate and visible advocate for SAFEHOME, and build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, from employees and Board members to community leaders, legislators, and major donors.
SAFEHOME provides a healing atmosphere where survivors of domestic violence can gain inner strength, build self-esteem, explore options, and establish a life free of violence. Through SAFEHOME’s shelter and community services, over 9,000 individuals each year receive the support they need to lead healthy, independent lives. Additional information about us is available on our website: http://www.safehome-ks.org/
SAFEHOME’s mission is to break the cycle of domestic violence and partner abuse for victims and their children by providing shelter, advocacy, counseling, and prevention education in our community.
SAFEHOME’s vision is to create a community free of domestic violence and partner abuse.
- Serves as the executive officer of the organization and as the liaison to the Board of Directors.
- Oversees and implements the programs and policies adopted by the Board.
- Provides the vision and direction for SAFEHOME program development, funding, and services.
- Leads organization fundraising activities and grant requests, both long and short term.
- Oversees the selection, development and direction of all staff.
- Oversees the preparation of annual budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Oversees all security and facility needs.
- Establishes a network with community leaders, major donors and other non-profit associations.
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit organizations, preferably in a key leadership role. Advanced degree is preferred, but not required.,
- Ability to cultivate community relationships with demonstrated ability to establish a donor network and fundraise.
- Ability to maintain a culture of respect that values the talents and skills of everyone in the organization.
- Understanding of the issues surrounding domestic violence and sexual assault preferred.
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills.
Competitive salary based on experience; health, dental, vision insurance, employer-paid life and long term disability coverage; Flexible Spending Account; 403(b) retirement plan; Employee Assistance Program; and generous vacation, sick and personal leave. Flexible and supportive environment.
Send resume, cover letter, and professional references via email to ExecutiveSearch@safehome-ks.org. Please no phone calls.