Title: Case Manager
Specialty: S.A.F.E. Outreach Advocate
Responsible to: Director of Community Programs
- Maintain case load of both shelter and outreach clients.
- Act as an advocate for survivors of domestic violence and their children with an emphasis on providing trauma informed services to people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Embrace the overall understanding that our goal is to build resiliency and independence.
- Develop and maintain culturally diverse community resources for agency clients.
- Maintain up-to-date resource files of resources and community contacts.
- Maintain up-to-date client records.
- Complete an intake for each resident within two weeks of entry into shelter and make contact with assigned residents within one week of their initial intake.
- Serve as an advocate for assigned residents, providing strengths-based case management. Need to be available to meet with assigned resident a minimum of one session per week.
- Complete client contacts and goal setting documentation in Apricot database.
- Maintain statistical tracking as required and submit all reports in a timely manner.
- Assist the Director of Grants, Quality Assurance & Housing in developing, reporting, and evaluating program outcomes and outputs.
- Participate in bi-weekly client review, supervisions, monthly staff meetings, staff retreat and other meetings as assigned.
- Participate in the shelter on-call rotation.
- Respond to any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Attend hotline meetings and educate staff on programs and updates.
- Maintain open communication with all Advocates and Hotline staff regarding clients.
- Attend all Staff Meetings, retreats and any other required meetings.
S.A.F.E Outreach Advocacy
- Provide case management for domestic violence and sexual assault survivors who are receiving TANF assistance through Kansas Department of Children and Families (DCF).
- Coordinate client participation in work activities with DCF caseworker, as safety and needs allow.
- Provide domestic violence/sexual assault education and safety planning
- Provide referrals to individual and/or group counseling for adult and child victims.
- Provide personal advocacy on issues pertaining to: courts, housing, education, health and financial concerns, based on client needs.
- Support and empower client in making life choices.
- Facilitate financial literacy classes and workshops for Safehome clients.
- Act as liaison between victim and DCF, Safehome shelter and outreach services and other organizations as needed.
- Provide program monthly statistics to DCF and Safehome.
- Meet with supervisor on a regular basis.
- Explore all current Shelter clients with children and TANF eligibility. If they are currently reviewing TANF services, provide ongoing advocacy.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of community resources and ability to locate new resources for our program and residents. Ability to establish community contacts in business and education fields. Knowledge and/or experience with designing or implementing a job placement program. Ability to be a group leader and public speaker. Experience with diverse populations and crisis intervention. Flexibility. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred, preferably in social work or similar discipline. Advocate must be empathetic, have good communication skills and understand the concept of boundaries with clients. The Advocate must be able to work under substantial stress and handle frequent crisis situations. Must not have any unresolved emotional issues regarding Advocate’s own past experience with abuse of any kind.
Please send the application (found at www.safehome-ks.org under Information/Careers), resume and cover letter to Safehome at email@example.com or fax to 913-432-9302, Attn. Human Resources.